Classic dish, easily made, minimal hassle, deliciously meaty.
Serves as many as you make it for, ready in 35mins (including prep)
- 250g flank steak (cut into thin strips)
- 1 whole onion white/large red (thinly sliced)
- 1 whole pepper (thinly sliced, choice is yours on colour)
- 1 clove on garlic (diced)
- 1 tblsp of fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp of paprika,chilli, cumin, coriander (powdered),salt, pepper
- 1 tblsp olive oil
(alternatively buy ready made fajita mix, for lazy gits only)
2-3 tortilla wraps
Use ready made guacamole and low fat sour cream on the base of your wraps.
1. Thinly slice the onion and garlic as well as the steak and pepper. Place these in a freezer
2. Add spices as well as the oil into the bag until and mix thoroughly.
3. Fry off fajita mix in frying pan until the steak is done to your liking.
4. Pre-heat wraps in microwave for 1minute, add the guacamole and sour cream to base
(iceburg lettuce for added crunch), load mix in the quantity you want. Wrap carefully so as to
avoid a lap full of steak
Salsa is an easy side dish to make and goes with more than just fajitas.
Roughly blend white onion, tomatoes, fresh coriander, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt + black pepper and fresh jalapeno peppers and the juice of half a lime. Add more of each of these ingredients to reach your perfect salsa mix personally the spicier the better.
For those Come Dine With me wannabes, have a go at home made Guacamole.
Prep: 10 min. While storing in the refrigerator, keep your guacamole from changing color by placing a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture.
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, and mash with a potato masher or fork until slightly chunky. Stir in chopped red onion and next 4 ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to touch mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Serve guacamole with tortilla chips.
Cilantro Guacamole: Mash avocado, and stir in ingredients as directed. Stir in 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and an additional 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Cover mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.