Zucko’s spiffy low fat banana pancakes
• Handful of rolled oats
• Splash of skimmed milk
• 3 egg whites
• Cinnamon to taste
• 2 tea spoons of honey
• 1 Banana
• 2 table spoons of Flax seed
• Mix 3 egg whites with the skimmed milk using a fork.
•Once mixed through, add a handful of rolled oats, and 2 tablespoons of flax seed along with cinnamon to taste.
• Pre heat a large frying pan on medium to low heat. (not too high or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!) and add a little olive oil. Pour the mix into 4 separate pancakes.
• Heat for 2 minutes, flip and heat for a further minute or until golden brown on each side.
• Peel the banana and slice into smaller pieces.
• Sandwich the banana slices in-between 2 pancakes and drizzle with honey.
This recipe can be a fantastic start to the day. The eggs contain loads of muscle building metabolism boosting protein, and the oats are full of fibre and a slow digesting low Gi carbohydrate. The flax seed ads a heap of essential fatty acids and is also high in fibre.
Be careful not to go crazy with the honey, even though it’s natural sugar, fructose in this case, its still sugar. Try and limit the honey to 2 teaspoons max.