Steak with sweet potatoes fries, garlic mushrooms and spinach
400g good quality steak (sirloin or rump is best)
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
100 g mushrooms
300g baby leaf spinach
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the steak into 2 equal servings
- Wash the sweet potatoes and scrub them thoroughly
- Chop the sweet potatoes into chips (3-4 inches in length and ½ inch in thickness) and chop the mushrooms and garlic
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes into a baking tray with 2 tbsp of olive oil or sunflower oil and cook on 180 C for 20-30 mins until golden brown
- Fry the chopped mushrooms and garlic in 1 tbps of olive oil and cook until the mushrooms are tender
- Lightly rub the steaks with oil and place them into a large pre-heated frying pan. Cook to your liking.
- Wilt the spinach in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes and serve alongside the mushrooms, sweet potatoes and steak.